Facebook Live: Five things you must stop thinking and saying to yourself to lose weight
Go to www.pnp411.com to sign up for Corinne’s free weightloss course.
One of the things that Corinne works with her private clients on is how they think. How you think is going to be how you lose weight. If you feel defeated, then you’ll show up defeated.
You can’t successfully lose weight if you’re holding on to fear. If you keep thinking like you always have, but try to eat really good, you’ll create an environment where you’re stressed, don’t know how to deal with the stress, and constantly fighting urges to overeat due to the stress.
There are five things you must stop thinking if you’re going to lose weight:
1. I can’t do this: Don’t argue for why you’re such a failure. Trying to prove why you can’t lose weight is idiotic. Don’t go to bat for your failures. Instead try to think about whether there’s any evidence that you could lose weight. When you think “I can’t do this,” you need to automatically stop and tell yourself “that is the wrong response.” You need to be aware of the thought and correct it so that it doesn’t become the truth for you. You have to redirect your brain.
2. I’m worried I won’t stick to my diet: Sitting around worrying does nothing. There is a podcast episode called The Worry Bucket (episode 65). Sitting around worrying is not productive, it is a waste of time. Worry is a collection of bullshit thoughts that feel terrible. When you catch yourself saying “I’m worried I won’t stick to my diet,” try and replace that with “I’m going to try new things to see what happens when I eat.” Be in the mindset of solving, not stewing.
3. I’m afraid I’ll be wrong. During the weightloss process, you’re going to have to try lots of things and some of the time you’re going to have to be willing to be wrong if something doesn’t work. Most people are worried about being wrong because they beat themselves up over it. You have the option to not beat yourself up if things don’t go right. Self-accountability is about the relationship you have with yourself the moment it doesn’t go right. You can be the best partner for yourself if you tell yourself “we’ve got this, let’s keep going” when things go wrong. Don’t sit around and just try to stick to the plan. Anyone can figure out how to force themselves to stick to a plan if they have to. The key is figuring out how to want to do better and keep showing up for yourself.
4. I wish I didn’t eat that. Wishing, hoping, and praying that something in the past that’s already happened didn’t happen, feels horrible and is a waste of time. This also helps with other situations. For example, if you’re in a meeting and say something that you wish you wouldn’t have. Spending the rest of the day wishing you didn’t say it and feeling regret and ashamed is a waste of time. It will leave you feeling emotionally drained and when you get home, it will be harder to say no to the chocolate cake. Once you’ve said something or eaten something, accept it and move on.
5. If my diet is easy, it won’t be good enough. People always freak out over Corinne’s plan because they think it won’t be good enough. Corinne always wants to know how just eating when you’re actually hungry is such a bad plan. There’s nothing wrong with keeping things simple. Corinne has a client that was overeating at lunch every day because she didn’t want to waste money. The meal was $12 and she needed to only be eating about two-thirds of it, which is about $8 (throwing away $4). Corinne figured out that the amount she’d be throwing away would be $1040 a year and asked the client if she would pay $1040 to lose 100 pounds in a year. The client said yes and then realized what she needed to do, stop at two-thirds of the meal. It was that simple. It didn’t have to be overly complicated.
Corinne answered questions at the end of her Facebook Live. Make sure and check them out!
Corinne’s next membership opening will be from April 1st-3rd.
Sign-up for her free weightloss course at www.pnp411.com to get on her email list to get notified when membership is open. She’ll offer a couple of training the week of the opening, so make sure you’re on her email list to get access to the trainings. It’s a shorter opening this time and you don’t want to miss it!
This really brings back memories. I had a very hard time during my weight loss journey. I sometimes thought i won’t be able to do more. But i never gave up and was able to remove extra pounds off my body. Thanks for sharing such a nice post. It Is really helpful. Keep sharing.
Thank you so much.
You are so generous to share your wisdom.
Amazing advice and so practical
Your style is authentic and very helpful.
You are an answer to my prayers. I love how you come across keeping everything real. I’m just starting The Plan and listening to your podcasts I know there is someone out there who is willing to help people free of charge to loss weight because she cares
Would you put the form about Dr. recommendation to use my HSA somewhere or send it to me as I look toward April? Thank you
Is this really an option?? To use your HSA account to pay for this? I’m very interested if it is.
I feel it was a Godsend I found you!! I have made way too many excuses and you have gut punched me a few times which was well deserved with your wonderful podcasts. I have always looked for the miracle fix and would lose and go right back up the scale. Blamed life and circumstances and then I found your podcast – geez it all makes sense!! I am a work in progress but this time it really feels different – thank you for sharing your great wisdom. I listen when I’m getting ready for work and in my truck on the way to work. What a way to start my day with a purpose!! Thank you for being YOU!! No BS!! ❤️
Thank you wonderful lesson I loved it
Hi I am very new here like I started yesterday. I did walk on treadmill for 1 hr than did a few of the machines for arms today . Started at the gym last week.
However I love the way you explain things they are very real.
And you are awesome at helping me understand that I am hoping with your help And you guiding me I will do just fine thank you .
However what is the tribe that people are talking about in April ?
Okay, i mean this with all due respect, how can i watch a video for more than 20 minutes and keep paying attention?!!! I am having the hardest time staying focused. Any suggestions, please be nice. I am being serious and real, no disrespect meant in any way. Really having trouble.
Hello from Canada- Just found you and am enjoying the info you are sharing. Glad to start from where I’m at-The Plan is working well so far. Hubby asked if I’m losing weight- I said I don’t know, but I feel GOOD and like the Food and how I’m Feeling-Priceless!
I’m so excited… you are adorable, love how you are presenting your program. I can’t wait to see what the tribe is all about! Tricia has a great idea, I’m going to listen to your pod casts while I exercise… I haven’t listened to them yet. “I’M ALL IN”🥰
I just love you!!!!!!!! I am new to your Facebook lives and have bing watched all your podcasts. I can not wait to join your tribe in April!!!!!! Thank you for everything you do for us!!!!!
I came across your free videos and I’m loving it. It’s real and the free thing is what vital for me in Australia as my $ is half the Us$. I joined another program and they just wants to sell me their supplements. Grrrr I’ve lost 4 kg so far. Which is great for my sport as I’m. The state team for dragonboat racing and I need to get under 78kg.
Hey Corinne I noticed on the podcast that you said your weight is between 150-160, may I ask how tall you are? I am guessing around 5’5″ ? That is how tall I am and I weigh just a bit more so I guess I am doing okay. BTW love, love love the podcast, my friends and I talk about it during our running workouts. Keep up the good work.
I love how real you are. It really hits home. And you are right, it is all BULLSHIT!
Enjoyed this thanks
This makes so much sense. I identify totally. My biggest problem is the drink I want to have every night. When I’m out I eat the wrong things if available.
Thank you. Listening to this session for the second time. Down 12 pounds.
Gym 3x week for 10 weeks.
74 next month. You go girl.
Love the expletives. !!!
Love ❤️ the free program. I have needed to work on mental 🧠weight. I have watch most of all the videos you have out. Have lost about three pounds.
Thank you so much!!
Looking forward to April 1, 2020 to be part of your tribe. I’ve listened to all your podcasts and continue to listen to your podcast on my walks.
Hi there. I am excited to have come across one of your videos recently. I have been struggling with excess weight now for 15 years. before that, I was slim and athletic. I am waiting daily for the April 1st intake. I desperately need you!! 🙂 I hope I get into your “tribe” I am ready, Arlene in Canada
I am doing very well with the plan and sticking to it. But excercise is my monkey on my back that keeps me on my chair day after day.